This is a delicious relish, great with a cheese board or as a topping for yoghurt!
It’s also fab mixed with some cream cheese or kefir cheese as a dip.
If you have either kombucha or water kefir then add a tablespoon or 2 to bring extra probiotics to the party!
If not then this relish will ferment nicely with just the salt or if you want to eat it straight away then that is also fine, it just won’t have active probiotics benefits!
It’s always good to have options! This is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and omega 3 fats so it will benefit your health however you decide to make it.
If you want to join me on some of my Workshops to learn how to do you own kombucha or Kefir drinks/cheese to improve your health easily just click here.
Makes a 500ml jar
1. Add everything to a food processor and pulse to a coarse paste
2. Taste and adjust flavourings
3. Pack tightly into a 500ml jar and cover with a circle of greaseproof paper
4. Leave an inch of headspace in the jar
5. Ferment at room temp for 5 to 7 days
6. Should taste sour with a bit of sweetness in the background
7. Move to the fridge and use within 2 months
🍃 Health educator🍃