Since the weather is turning distinctly Autumnal I thought I'd share one of my favourite, simple, full of good things Creamy Cauliflower Soup to warm the cockles of your heart! This soup is soothing, nourishing, easy to digest, full of coco-nutty goodness, a spicy kick from the chilli & garlic & chock full of anti-inflammatory compounds, vitamins and good fats!
Like all soups it's easy to make & a great way of including more veggies in our diet, which we all need to boost our immune systems at this time of year! So here is the recipe
I tablespoon coconut oil, olive or rapeseed oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped or crushed
1 small red chilli, deserved & finely chopped (optional)
1 level tsp turmeric powder
1 med cauliflower, separated into florets
1 can coconut milk
500ml vegetable stock
2 tsp tamari sauce
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat & gently sauté the onion, garlic, chilli & turmeric for 5 mins.
2. Add the cauliflower florets & stir to coat in the oil.
3. Pour in coconut milk & stock, bring to the boil then lower the heat & simmer gently for 15 mins or until the cauliflower is cooked.
4. Add the tamari & season with salt & black pepper.
5. Blend the soup using a stick blender until smooth.
6. Serve & enjoy! You can garnish with fresh coriander which is a great detoxifier & tastes great!
.....your health in your hands....
🍃 Health educator🍃