This is one of my favourite dips. It’s just delicious and packed with health promoting ingredients! The addition of fermented garlic adds a healthy dose of probiotics, walnuts and extra virgin olive oil supply omega 3, tahini adds calcium and magnesium and beetroot contains nitrates which relax the blood vessels, reducing blood pressure and increasing blood flow to the brain!
This dip is great with raw veggies, on a baked sweet potato, in a wrap, sandwich or with oatcakes! I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t like it and it’s such a fabulous colour!!
Simply add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitz until blended. A hand held stick blender works well too! Transfer to the fridge and enjoy!!
This is an all year round delicious chutney, you can replace the cranberries with raisins or sultanas.
This isn’t a fermented chutney but it contains red onions, apple and garlic which are prebiotic
ingredients so that’s good enough for me!
Makes one medium sized jar, it’s very easy to double up to make extra for gifts!
1. Saute the onion in 1 tbsp oil on medium heat until soft, around 10 minutes.
2. Add all the other ingredients and cook for around 5 minutes on medium heat.
3. Reduce, cover the pan and simmer for around 15 minutes until the apple is soft.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning. Leave to cool then place in a clean glass jar. It will keep for a
good few weeks in the fridge.
This is a delicious relish, great with a cheese board or as a topping for yoghurt!
It’s also fab mixed with some cream cheese or kefir cheese as a dip.
If you have either kombucha or water kefir then add a tablespoon or 2 to bring extra probiotics to the party!
If not then this relish will ferment nicely with just the salt or if you want to eat it straight away then that is also fine, it just won’t have active probiotics benefits!
It’s always good to have options! This is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and omega 3 fats so it will benefit your health however you decide to make it.
If you want to join me on some of my Workshops to learn how to do you own kombucha or Kefir drinks/cheese to improve your health easily just click here.
Makes a 500ml jar
1. Add everything to a food processor and pulse to a coarse paste
2. Taste and adjust flavourings
3. Pack tightly into a 500ml jar and cover with a circle of greaseproof paper
4. Leave an inch of headspace in the jar
5. Ferment at room temp for 5 to 7 days
6. Should taste sour with a bit of sweetness in the background
7. Move to the fridge and use within 2 months
🍃 Health educator🍃