If you don't fancy brewing your own Kombucha or Water Kefir then Swichel is a great alternative fermented drink, dating back to the Amish People.
It's a simple add everything to a jar and leave overnight type of drink. I contain some stellar ingredients, among them Apple Cider Vinegar, which is already naturally fermented and good for your gut health, grated ginger, maple syrup and lemon juice.
Switchel is a really detoxifying drink that you can add to your morning routine: It restores electrolytes, eases pain and inflammation, balances Ph, keeps blood sugar levels balanced and improve digestion.
Is a very refreshing drink especially when diluted with sparkling water!
These are a delicious sweet and crispy treat with a coffee and perfect for unexpected guests! You can make them more special by drizzling them with melted dark chocolate!
These would also make a lovely vegan Christmas gift for a foodie friend!
• 375g plain flour
• 1½ tsp baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 150g light brown or coconut sugar
• 3/4 cup smooth unsweetened applesauce or 3 flax or chia eggs *
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
• Zest of one organic, un-waxed orange
• 1 teaspoon mixed spice
• 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
• ½ cup dried cranberries
*to make applesauce just blend a couple of washed and cored eating apples in a blender or food processor. You don’t have to peel or cook them.
*To make one flax or chia egg, use 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds or chia seeds to 3 tablespoons water. Just mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
1. Preheat oven the 325°F/170C
2. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, mixed spice and salt.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, applesauce or flax eggs, oil and orange zest.
5. Stir the sugar mixture into the flour mixture, add the nuts, cranberries and bring it together into a dough with your hands.
6. With floured hands, shape the dough into three, 3-inch wide “logs” about 3/4 inch thick, with the ends squared off.
7. Place these on the baking trays.
8. Bake the logs for about 25 minutes.
9. Remove the trays and reduce the oven heat to 300°F/150C
10. Cool the logs on a rack for 30 minutes.
11. Cut the logs carefully with a sharp knife straight across into 1/2 inch wide slices. A bread knife or serrated knife works best.
12. Place the slices cut side down on the cookie sheets.
13. Bake 5-10 minutes, or until golden on the bottom.
14. Turn the slices over and cook 5-10 minutes more, or until golden on bottom.
15. Cool on racks, then store in an airtight for up to two weeks.
Want to give someone a special gift? Experiences are much more memorable than material things, and much more if they came with a benefit: improving your eating habits and health.
1-Choose the workshop you like most
2- Click in more info to purchase it
3- You will receive the Gift card on your email . You can personalise it and send it and they will have 12 months to redeem the voucher.
*All Winter dates are available on each workshop description. The workshop takes places in Glasgow Southside
🎄Fermentation Workshop Gift card: £55
Includes the choice of Fermented Veggies or Fermented Drinks workshops. Both are 3 hour workshops including lots of samples to taste, to take home and all the information necessary to become a fermentation expert.
TO BOOK/ MORE INFO : Fermented Veggies
TO BOOK/ MORE INFO : Fermented Drinks
🎄Sourdough Workshop Gift Card : £75
A full day including lunch and learning all about sourdough, from the starter to the baking. You are going to learn seven different recipes including traditional rye bread and fruit &nut loaf as well as Flatbreads, Pizza bases , Pancakes and cookies.
You will leave with and active starter , a sourdough goodie bag and lots of ideas to create your own sourdough at home.
TO BOOK / MORE INFO
🎄Taste of fermentation Workshop Gift Card : £85
A full day including lunch and learning all about gut health and fermented foods.
We will taste lost of plant-based and vegan options as well as Sourdough, Kombucha, Kefir and my most delicious spicy kimchi and pineapple , turmeric and ginger sauerkraut.
Additionally, you will learn about the importance of your gut for health, how to incorporate more prebiotic & probiotic foods to boost your gut and be inspired to continue your journey to vibrant good health.
TO BOOK / MORE INFO
*All the workshops are based in Glasgow and various dates are available for each workshop.
Check date availability on my home .
Are you looking for Vegan Christmas Gifts? This is perfect. All my recipes are plant-based and palm oil free.
🍃 Health educator🍃